The world of liquid transport has been revolutionized by Flexitanks, versatile and cost-effective containers designed to carry liquids globally. However, while these flexible giants can handle a wide range of liquids, certain types pose risks or face restrictions when shipped in Flexitanks. Let us explore the fascinating world of Flexitanks and uncover which liquids are not allowed or have restrictions for shipping in these innovative containers.
Advantages Of Flexitanks
Before diving into the specifics, let’s revisit why Flexitanks have become the preferred choice for liquid transport. Flexitanks are like the chameleons of the logistics world, adapting to various forms of liquid cargo and transportation modes. They are made from food-grade polyethylene and can hold between 16,000 to 24,000 litres of liquid. Their collapsible nature means they can be easily transported to remote areas and efficiently stored when not in use.
Furthermore, Flexitanks liquid transports are eco-friendly, generating less waste than traditional containers. They reduce transportation costs by eliminating the need for return shipments and cleaning, making them a sustainable choice for businesses and the environment.
Liquids Not Allowed in Flexitanks
Now, let’s get to the heart of the matter – which liquids should never find their way into a Flexitanks due to safety or compatibility concerns?
- Hazardous Chemicals: Flexitanks are not designed to transport dangerous chemicals or substances that risk human health or the environment. While suitable for food-grade liquids, the flexible material may not protect against chemical leaks or reactions.
- Highly Corrosive Liquids: High corrosive properties, such as concentrated acids or alkaline solutions, can damage the Flexitanks inner layers. The risk of a Flexitanks rupture or leak is significantly higher when transporting these substances.
- Flammable Liquids: Liquids with a low flashpoint or high volatility, such as gasoline or ethanol, are unsuitable for Flexitanks. The risk of ignition during transportation poses a grave danger to the cargo and the safety of those handling it.
- Extreme Temperatures: Liquids at extreme temperatures can compromise the integrity of the Flexitanks material. It’s crucial to maintain the recommended temperature range for the safe transportation of liquids in Flexitanks.
- Incompatible Substances: Mixing incompatible substances in a Flexitanks can lead to chemical reactions, resulting in leaks, ruptures, or contamination. Always ensure compatibility before loading a Flexitanks.
Liquids with Restrictions
While some liquids aren’t allowed in Flexitanks due to safety concerns, others may have restrictions that depend on specific conditions or regulations:
- Viscous Liquids: Highly viscous liquids, such as oils and syrups, may require additional heating and specialized equipment for loading and unloading. This can increase transportation costs and complexity.
- Sensitive Beverages: Delicate beverages like wine or champagne, while suitable for Flexitanks, may require temperature control and careful handling to prevent spoilage or degradation of quality during transit.
- Food-Grade Oils: Some regulations may apply, while many food-grade oils can be transported in Flexitanks. It’s essential to comply with local food safety and packaging regulations to ensure the integrity of the cargo.
- Pharmaceutical Liquids: Pharmaceuticals may have stringent requirements for transportation and storage, and specific regulations must be followed when shipping these liquids in Flexitanks.
Flexitanks have undoubtedly transformed how we transport liquids, offering flexibility, cost-efficiency, and sustainability. However, it’s crucial to understand that not all liquids suit these versatile containers. Safety, compatibility, and regulatory factors come into play, determining which liquids can be transported in Flexitanks without risk or restrictions.
When in doubt, consult experts or regulatory authorities to ensure your chosen liquid cargo fits Flexitanks transportation well.
Why choose Fluid Flexitanks
Remember, the world of Flexitanks is vast and adaptable, offering many benefits for various industries. To make the most of this innovative solution, knowing the restrictions and considerations associated with different types of liquids is essential.
Interested in exploring the possibilities of Flexitanks liquid transport for your business? Contact us today to learn how Flexitanks can streamline liquid logistics while ensuring safety and compliance.